Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Weekend

I know this blog sort of maintains a tone of detached informationalism (not a real word, deal with it), but seeing as Josh suggested sharing personal stories as well, I resolve to write about my weekend.

Friday
I went to see "Robin Hood" with a bunch of people. It was an "eh" movie, if I had to summarize it in a noise, and I suppose "ok" would be the word I would use if pressured to describe with grammar. I mean, it was basically an entire movie of Russell Crowe with this facial expression:










Yeah, that one. The "I may either kick your ass or just leave" look. And all the Evi- I mean, French, people looked exactly the same, making the plot a little confusing at times. But hey, it was a fun movie to watch.

Saturday
Well, I woke up late on Saturday, and rushed off to a Jazz Festival in Valencia with the QHHS Jazz Ensemble. It was pretty fun, we spent all of the down time before hand wandering about the Valencia mall in formal clothing. I found a large wooden bear statue, which I named Sebastian. We also spent about half an hour inside the toy store, which had such delights as an inflatable tiny llama (whom I dubbed "Chancho"), dinosaur figures, and a Carl Jung action figure. The performance itself went decently well, although we had a few errors. I was back in the AV to go to a birthday party at seven, so that was pretty fun. At least, the non-dancing part. But I was a good mingler besides that, there's photographic evidence:














See me mingling with my bow tie? Proof.

Sunday (Today, for the less temporally inclined)
Today, I spent most of the day with at Joshua Kling's house, along with the company of Nick Fedorko. We played Wii, watched some funny internet videos, and I proceeded to excitedly swing on the homemade swing in the front yard, which hung from one of the trees. With a seat composed solely of a wooden board, I figured it was safe, until it unceremoniously split in two beneath me, dealing my legs a painful rope burn and effectively curtailing my rekindled childhood jubilation. But, my destruction of Josh's swing aside, it was really fun hanging out with them both. And now, I am here at home, writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment