Monday, May 24, 2010

I Got An Octopus!

Well, my biology teacher last year, Mrs. Rayfield, is retiring this year, and one of the many artifacts stored in the room joining hers and my current biology teachers room (this sort of lab/storage room) is an octopus preserved in formaldehyde. But seeing as I have an interest in such things, Mrs. Nichter bequeathed the octopus to me, and I took it home today wrapped in a trash bag and several wash cloths, lest I trip and unleash a whole jar full of ancient formaldehyde. Because then they'd have to call a HazMat team, and no one wants that.

At any rate, the octopus arrived safely home today, and I named him Alfred.

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. I think I deserve at least half of that octopus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'd like to crack open the jar of doom and cut Alfred up, be my guest...

    ReplyDelete