Monday, December 6, 2010

The Past Few Days

Hey everyone, sorry I've been quiet the past couple of days, but I have an excuse: calculus. Seriously, calculus has pervaded every facet of my daily life for the past few days, haunting my dreams, wearing me down to a weary, broken shell of a man...and my final was this morning. I'll say simply that it didn't go well. For further explanation, I defer to Nicolas Cage. Fastfoward to 1:19 in the following video:

I wanted to do that. It was bad. I mean, I studied, but the simple fact is that I don't have high school calculus to back me up, and this class has been brutal. The final was worse than I suspected, and frankly, I admit defeat. I'm just going to hope the curve saves me, and if not, I'll retake the course next quarter. It's not fun, and I'm really embarrassed to truly fail at a class, something I've never done before, but that's life. If I want to be a zoologist, I just have to tough it out and keep fighting Newton's challenging legacy tooth and nail...

1 comment:

  1. I know for a fact you are not a failure...one class in the course of 4 years won't mean much. I do understand your disappointment though. So we need to have a nice long talk about our first semesters of college....maybe my own stories will help you feel better.

    Please don't ever lose faith in yourself...you have so much going on for you and I promise you I'm not the only one who can see that.

    Love you, buddy. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete