Monday, May 11, 2009

Washington D.C./West Virginia

Well, I'm off tomorrow (5/11) to our nation's capital on a band trip, and I could not be more excited, I must say. Previous years have proved time and again (San Francisco in 2007, Chicago in 2008) that these trips are excellent sightseeing opportunities, not to mention the high levels of fun that it can be said are experienced on them. We get some awesome stops in this week: White House, Lincoln Memorial (at night no less!), Washington Monument, and.....*drumroll*...THE SMITHSONIAN NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM!!! Yes, it's very hard to keep from vomiting from pure joy and anticipation at that last one, but I'll try my best. But yes, these sights are but a few of the many places we'll be going this week, and on Friday we bus off to West Virginia for tha actual music portion of the trip: two parades--one competitive, the other public--and a concert performance. So yes, it's going to be a wonderfully busy week, I'll post pictures when I arrive back here this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment